Opening for PCCS Board of Directors Position
Dear PCCS Parents,
The PCCS Board of Directors is comprised of nine individuals, each holding a 3-year elected or appointed position on the board. Every year, three Board positions become eligible for replacement. The School Board appoints two of these positions, and the PCCS parent community elects one.
We are accepting applications for the parent-elected Board position beginning Monday, September 14, 2015. This position will be for a three-year term, which will begin in October 2015.
Becoming a member of the PCCS Board of Directors is a great way to get involved and proactively work for the school and its mission. It is also a significant responsibility and commitment to the children, parents, staff and community of Prairie Crossing Charter School.
The board especially needs individuals with backgrounds in education, finance, marketing, and/or law to help it move forward in the governance of the school. The ability to consider differing opinions and to respond with civility and respect is a key skill for any candidate.
To be considered for the parent-elected or Board-appointed Board positions, applicants must submit the following documents no later than 3:30pm on Thursday, October 8, 2015:
- Letter of intent (these should include statements that reflect your vision for the school, your strengths related to board work and why you feel you would be an asset to the board)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
The above documents should be turned into the school office by 3:30 on Thursday, October 8, 2015. Applications received after this time will be considered invalid.
- Applications for the parent-elected position should be sent
Attn: Brian Conlon, Parent Elect Election Committee.
All Candidates will be certified prior to voting. This year, we will again be using an online voting platform, Election Buddy, which is secure and transparent. Online voting will open Monday, October 12 and will close on Monday, October 26, 2015.
PCCS Board member duties include:
- Commit to a 3-year term
- Attend all Board meetings (every fourth Tuesday of the month), occasional special Board meetings and biannual Board retreats. Each Board meeting lasts an average of 4 hours. There is an additional 1-2 hours of prep work prior to each Board meeting.
- Serve on at least one board committee. This requires an additional 5-8 hours each month. Some examples of standing Board committees are; Finance, Governance, Academic Excellence and the Nominating committee.
- Each Board member must sign a confidentiality agreement and statement of economic interest.