PARENT-ELECT BOARD POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
March 11, 2023
Dear Parents and PCCS Community:
The PCCS Board of Directors is currently accepting applications for Board positions beginning Saturday, March 11, 2023, through Wednesday, April 5, 2023, for a Parent-Elected position with 3-year term, which shall begin in October 2023.
The PCCS Board of Directors is comprised of at least 9 individuals, each holding a 3-year elected or appointed position on the board. Becoming a member of the PCCS Board of Directors is a great way to get involved and proactively work for the school and its mission. It is also a significant responsibility and commitment to the children, parents, staff, and community of Prairie Crossing Charter School.
The Board especially needs individuals with backgrounds in education, finance, marketing, and law to help it move forward in the governance of the school. The ability to consider differing opinions and to respond with civility and respect is a key skill for any candidate.
To be considered for the parent-elected Board positions, applicants must submit the following documents no later than 3:30 pm on Wednesday, April 5, 2023:
- Letter of intent (these should include statements that reflect your vision for the school, your strengths related to board work, and why you feel you would be an asset to the board).
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
- Applicants MUST declare they are applying for the parent-elected board position. Applications that do not make this declaration will be considered invalid.
- The above documents should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 3:30 pm on Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
- Applications received after this time will be considered invalid.
All candidates will be certified prior to voting. This year, we will again be using an online voting platform, Election Buddy, which is secure and transparent. Election dates will be from Monday, April 17, 2023, until Monday, May 1, 2023, at 3:30 PM.
PCCS Board member duties include:
- Commit to a 3-year term.
- Attend all Board meetings (every fourth Tuesday of the month), occasional special Board meetings, and biannual Board retreats.
- Opportunity to serve on at least one Board committee. Standing Board committees are Finance, Governance, Academic Excellence, Development, Outreach, and the Nominating Committee.
- Each Board member must complete the necessary training and paperwork as required by State law. Additional information can be found on the school website under the Series 200 Policies “Governance”.
President, PCCS Board of Directors