Dear PCCS Parents and Greater Community,
The PCCS Board of Directors is comprised of 10 individuals, each holding a 3-year elected or appointed position on the board. Every year, three Board positions become eligible for candidates. The School Board appoints two of these positions, and the PCCS parent community elects one.
Applications for the parent-elected Board position will be accepted beginning Monday March 15, 2021. This position will be for a three-year term, which will begin in October 2021.
Becoming a member of the PCCS Board of Directors is a great way to get involved and proactively work for the school and its mission. It is also a significant responsibility and commitment to the children, parents, staff and community of Prairie Crossing Charter School.
The board especially needs individuals with backgrounds in education, finance, marketing, and/or law to help it move forward in the governance of the school. The ability to consider differing opinions and to respond with civility and respect is a key skill for any candidate.
To be considered for the parent-elected Board position, applicants must submit the following documents no later than 3:30pm on Friday, April 9, 2021:
- Letter of intent (these should include statements that reflect your vision for the school, your strengths related to board work and why you feel you would be an asset to the board);
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation;
- Applicant MUST declare they are applying for the parent-elected board position. Applicants can not apply for the Board Appointed position until Fall 2021. Applications that do not make this declaration will be considered invalid. The above documents should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 3:30pm on Friday, April 9, 2021. Applications received after this time will be considered invalid.
- Applications for the parent-elected position should be sent Attn: Parent Elect Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All candidates will be certified prior to voting. This year, we will again be using an online voting platform, Election Buddy, which is secure and transparent. Election dates will be from Monday, April 19, 2021 until Monday, May 3, 2021 at 3:30 PM.
PCCS Board member duties include:
- Commit to a 3-year term
- Attend all Board meetings (every fourth Tuesday of the month), occasional special Board meetings and biannual Board retreats.
- Opportunity to serve on at least one Board committee. Standing Board committees are: Finance, Governance, Academic Excellence, Development and the Nominating committee.
- Each Board member must complete the necessary training and paperwork as required by State law. Additional information can be found here under the Series 200 Policies “Governance”.
President, PCCS Board of Directors