March 11, 2022
Dear PCCS Parents and Greater Community,
The PCCS Board of Directors is currently accepting applications for Board positions beginning Monday, March 14, 2022 through Wednesday, April 6, 2022, for the following;
- One Parent-Elected position with 3-year term, which shall begin in October 2022.
- One Parent-Elected position to fill vacant Parent-Elected Board Seat for the remainder of previously resigned director’s term. This position will seat at the May 2022 Board of Directors meeting, with term ending October 2023.
Please note, the applicant must designate whether their application is for the Parent-Elected position with 3-year term beginning October 2022 or the vacant Parent-Elected Position with the term beginning May 2022. Board Policy precludes applying for both.
The PCCS Board of Directors is comprised of at least 9 individuals, each holding a 3-year elected or appointed position on the board. Becoming a member of the PCCS Board of Directors is a great way to get involved and proactively work for the school and its mission. It is also a significant responsibility and commitment to the children, parents, staff, and community of Prairie Crossing Charter School.
The board especially needs individuals with backgrounds in education, finance, marketing, and/or law to help it move forward in the governance of the school. The ability to consider differing opinions and to respond with civility and respect is a key skill for any candidate.
To be considered for the parent-elected Board positions, applicants must submit the following documents no later than 3:30pm on Wednesday, April 6, 2022:
- Letter of intent (these should include statements that reflect your vision for the school, your strengths related to board work and why you feel you would be an asset to the board);
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation;
- Applicant MUST declare they are applying for the parent-elected board position. Applicants can not apply for the Board Appointed position until Fall 2022. Applications that do not make this declaration will be considered invalid. The above documents should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 3:30pm on Wednesday, April 6, 2022. Applications received after this time will be considered invalid.
- Applications for the parent-elected position should be sent Attn: Parent Elect Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All candidates will be certified prior to voting. This year, we will again be using an online voting platform, Election Buddy, which is secure and transparent. Election dates will be from Monday, April 18, 2022 until Monday, May 2, 2022 at 3:30 PM.
PCCS Board member duties include:
- Commit to a 3-year term
- Attend all Board meetings (every fourth Tuesday of the month), occasional special Board meetings and biannual Board retreats.
- Opportunity to serve on at least one Board committee. Standing Board committees are: Finance, Governance, Academic Excellence, Development, Outreach, and the Nominating committee.
- Each Board member must complete the necessary training and paperwork as required by State law. Additional information can be found under the Series 200 Policies “Governance”.
President, PCCS Board of Directors