Parent Staff Organization (PSO)
Partnering with Parents is a core value and integral to our school’s success. Starting with the Welcome Back Picnic and continuing throughout the school year, the PSO sponsors events and organizes activities aimed at providing staff and families opportunities to work together and enrich our students’ school experience.
All PCCS parents and staff are members of the Parent Staff Organization. We foster community and support the school to fulfill the mission and vision of PCCS. We achieve this through communication, coordination of volunteers, school community development and financial means.
The PSO is all about encouraging a sense of commitment to each other in order to make our school a healthy community and to help us all understand who we are and our uniqueness as a charter school with an integrated environmental curriculum.
To learn more about our teams contact one of the PSO Officers:
Donna Engelhardt – President
Lia Czerniak – Vice President
Tulsi Becker – Treasurer
Christina Noonan– Recording Secretary
We achieve these goals through our teams, which are made up of parents and staff as well as through various grant and scholarship programs. Communication
- The Internal Communication Team oversees the PSO Newsletter and the PCCS/PSO Facebook group.
- The Volunteer Support Team coordinates and communicates with on-going volunteers that help with daily school functions such as lunch/recess help, morning greeters and in-class needs.
School Community Development
- The Community Care Team is the team that organizes welcoming families that are new to our school and providing our staff with some of those extra things that show we value them. Examples of this are the New Parent Mentoring Team, Lounge Angels and the Staff Luncheon Team.
- The Programming Team will work on planning programs, from guest lecturers to social events for families.
- The Annual Fundraising Team will organize our fundraising efforts that happen once a year such as the Holiday Bazaar and others soon to be announced.
- The On-Going Fundraising Team will coordinate our on-going fundraisers such as Box Tops and SCRIP.
The Parent Staff Organization provides the PCCS Community with newsletters sharing updates of fundraising opportunities, community events, and student/teacher support activities that take place throughout the year.
2016-2017 PSO Newsletters
2015-2016 PSO Newsletters
Revenue generated with the following fundraisers will be used to support PSO programs and activities such as: Family Fun Nights, Student and Classroom Grant programs, Leadership Awards, Staff Luncheons and the school directory.
SCRIP is a great way to raise money for PCCS because it doesn’t require you to spend any more money than you normally spend doing your weekly shopping. PCCS buys gift certificates at a discount, and then sells them at face value, making a profit on each sale. Click HERE for the SCRIP order form and start the SCRIP “habit” today.
Box Tops for Education
Simply clip the Box Tops “coupon” from the packages of products you normally buy, attach them to a Box Tops collection sheet and send them in. For every Box Top collected, PCCS receives 10 cents. Click HERE for the Box Tops collections sheet.
Every year in December, families are asked to send in gently used items to be used as “stock” for our very own boutique which is set up in the gym. Children are then able to shop for family members with all items costing $1. The gifts are then wrapped by our bevy of “elves” and helpers. Not only is this a great way to practice our mission of reusing but it is an event that for many students is one of the highlights of the year. Many families set aside a box in their garage or basement to collect items throughout the year that would be appropriate to donate to the Holiday Bazaar.
Do YOU have an idea for a fundraiser? Click HERE to share your ideas!
Please join us for Coffee with Administration. We usually meet once a month at various times of the day to answer questions and chat with the Administration on a variety of topics that you choose. These are usually held in the Kennicott Building in the Teachers Lounge.
Upcoming Coffee with Admin gatherings: