Good morning and I hope you are all doing well as we head into October! Please take a moment to look over some of the exciting activities and volunteer opportunities that we have planned for the month. If you have any questions please let us know. Thank you!
Reminders and Resources
* Grades and Homework: With a month left in the trimester, please remind students to use their PowerSchool accounts to understand their current grades and any missing work that may be present. In addition, please have them check on Google Classroom for details about homework assignments if they are absent or need additional information on the activity.
* Math Resource: Parents or students looking for support or additional materials for their 5th grade math students should use the website “Math Learning Center”. The website is directly connected to the Bridges math program that our class uses daily and includes sample lessons, standards, apps/games, and links to additional support sites.
Events & Activities
* Salsa Day
Mrs. McGeever, your child’s Spanish teacher, will be having a hands-on activity on October 3rd during Spanish class. The students will be making a special salsa recipe or guacamole recipe in small groups in their classrooms.
* Ecocycle Field Trip
On Monday. Oct. 16th students are scheduled to attend a field trip to a local recycling center as part of our environmental and conservation curriculum. Please fill out the permission form either online or send in a signed copy to the office.
Here are some flyers for upcoming after-school clubs:
- Cryptology Club Oct/Nov 17, with Ms. Turner
- Winter Craft CLUB 2017, with Mrs. Larson
- Pokemon Club Nov-Dec 2017, with Mrs. Larson
- Star Wars Fan Club 2018, with Mrs. Larson
- Cheer Squad, with Ms. Smetters
- Drama Club, Ms. Krug & Mrs. Fiorelli
Friday, 10/6: No School (Teacher In-Service)
Monday, 10/9: No School (Columbus Day)
Tuesday, 10/10: Picture Make-up Day
Wednesday, 10/11: F2T (12:15 PM – 12:50 PM)
Monday, 10/16: Educycle Field Trip (12:30 – 2:30)
Wednesday, 10/18: Early Release
Thursday, 10/19: Student vs. Staff Soccer Game
Tuesday, 10/31: Halloween Party
Fun and relaxation outside during environmental lessons!