Math B has been working on Prealgebra standards such as these:
- I can write numerical expressions involving whole number exponents.
Ex. 34 = 3x3x3x3
- I can solve order of operation problems that contain exponents.
Ex. 3+22 – (2+3) = 2
- I can use numbers and variables to evaluate expressions.
- I can translate written phrases into algebraic expressions.
- I can identify parts of an expression using mathematical terms (sum, term, product, factor,
- I can substitute specific values for variables
Math A has been working on our number sense by extending the number line to include negative numbers.
- I can use integers to represent quantities in real world situations (above/below sea level,
- I can explain where zero fits into a situation represented by integers.
- I can identify an integer and its opposite.
- I can identify a rational number as a point in the number line.
- I can identify the location of zero on a number line in relation to positive and negative
- I can reason that when only the x value in a set of ordered pairs are opposites, it creates a
reflection over the y axis, e.g., (x,y) and (x,-y).
- I can recognize opposite signs of numbers as locations on opposite sides of 0 on the
- I can recognize that when only the y value in a set of ordered pairs are opposites, it
creates a reflection over the x axis, e.g., (x,y) and (x,-y).