Who knew that we could experience both winter weather and summer weather all in 24 hours?! Wow! This week was busy with NWEA testing, and completing our fairy tales. We have been working on our extreme weather presentations for next week during class. The students are extremely excited to create their posters, learn new facts, and present to their peers. The 4th graders completed their decimal unit, and seemed proud of the effort they put into their test.
Next week, we will finish our posters and have a chance to present to the class about extreme weather. The 4th graders will be reviewing their geometry facts in math, as this will be their last week of math! Any NWEA make-ups will be done next week.
- The third/fourth grade is donating lettuce to St. Anastasia’s food pantry. One of the needs at St. Anastasia’s is toilet paper. Families can’t afford to buy it and they only get 2 rolls every 4 weeks. Can you help us collect toilet paper so we can send it to the food pantry? PCCS is also collecting gently used children’s books for Learn Charter School. Please ask your friends and family to help with our collection. Please take your books and toilet paper to the office between May 22 and May 31. Thank you very much.
- A few weeks ago, our class had the opportunity to visit the 5th and 6th graders’ presentation, “Taste of the World”. The 5th and 6th graders are now designing a cookbook; they will be selling it to raise money for the Northern Illinois Food Bank. Click here for a “taste” of what you will see in their cookbook. For only $10, you can receive a copy, just complete the form HERE to place an order, and submit checks to the business office. Any questions, email Ms. Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates to remember:
- Monday, May 29th – Memorial Day – NO SCHOOL!
- Tuesday, May 30th – Field Day – Our class is wearing red!
- Tuesday, May 30th – 3/4 Picnic after Field Day – Please get your permission slips/food order in by May 23rd
- Wednesday, May 31st – Illinois Beach State Park Field Trip
- Friday, June 2nd – Last day of school! Early Release!