Today is the end of a short, but jam packed week! In writing class, we started our first expository paper – students are describing why their bedroom is a special place. In science, we’ve been learning more about woodlands. In reading, three spelling groups have been introduced – and our last two will be introduced next week! Once all the groups are introduced each student will have spelling homework daily. In Spanish, the class took their test on sports vocabulary, ¡buen trabajo! Fourth graders had their math test today on multiplicative comparisons and third graders had their math had their test on elapsed time. We completed our NWEA ELA testing on Thursday (for those students who still need time to finish will get a chance during make-ups).
Next week, fourth grade math will be starting their new unit. They will be getting ready for their unit on place value in multi-digit numbers – standard form, expanded form, etc.
We’ll be starting our research on woodland creatures on Tuesday! Students will be doing a report on their creature and making a life sized portrait of their creature for our woodland mural in the 3/4 hallway. The prairie mural turned out great; we can’t wait to see what our students create for the woodlands!
Students will be continuing (and finishing!) their expository paper next week. Once students have finished writing, they will work on peer editing.
- Farm to Table is next Wednesday, Sept. 14th. Our class has F2T with Mrs. Larson’s class from 11:25-12:00. Come join us in the barn!
- Spirit Week is next week:
- Monday: Patriot Day – (remembering 9/11) – Dress in Red White and Blue
- Tuesday: Everybody Outside Day
- Wednesday: PJ Day – wear your pjs to school!
- Thursday: Spirit Wear Day – Wear your PPCS Gear or just Green and White for the day
- Friday: All School Picnic (During Lunch 11:30 Market Square and Lawn – with Reading Buddies)