This week may have short, but it was jam-packed! We celebrated Peace Week with an assembly on Tuesday and mini- lessons about peace each day. Wednesday was Farm to Table. This month, the food was made out of the squash, beans, and corn that ¾ planted last spring! We learned about the Three Sisters folk tale and why squash, beans, and corn were so important to Native American tribes! The students also presented their Winter Counts to the class on Wednesday. WOW! They all did such a great job! Our third and fourth graders did an amazing job in our grade band Spelling Bee as well. Congratulations to our winners and runner-ups; we can’t wait to see them representing our grade band on Monday at the school Spelling Bee. The fourth graders started their new fraction unit in math this week.
Next week is School Choice week! We are celebrating PCCS and the reasons why we chose PCCS as our school. We are having spirit week, please see below for the different spirit days! In writing we will be working on writing an informational text. We created an outline in class and the students will be referring to it to help to organize their own writing. In Social Studies, we are continuing to learn about voyageurs and exploring America. Fourth grade math will continue working on fractions next week.
Dates to remember:
- Spirit Week:
- Monday – Spirit Wear Day
- Tuesday – Crazy Hair/ Hat day (100th day of school!)
- Wednesday – Pajama Day
- Thursday – Mismatch Day
- Friday – Green and White (School Colors) Day
- Monday January 23rd – School of Choice Assembly (starting at 8:15)
- Monday January 23rd – Spelling Bee (8:45-9:45)
- Wednesday January 25th is an Early Release! Please do not send heat ups or peanuts with your students for snunch
- Our class can turn in their Hawks Tickets for many things (prizes, sit with friend from another class at lunch, buy teachers’ chair for the day, etc). A very popular choice many students choose is the prize bin. The prize bin is currently running low – if any parents want to donate fun little prizes for our Hawks Ticket prize bin, that would be awesome!
- The PSO is running a BOX TOPS collection drive now until February 15. Send in your BOX TOPS in a labeled envelope or zip lock bag with your child’s name and teacher’s name.