Next week we will have our student teacher joining us in ELA/SS – students will meet Miss. Ty on Monday morning, and she will have a chance to introduce herself to families in next Friday’s Sentinel email. Also next week, we have a curriculum pick-up day Wednesday from 3-4pm. During supply pick-up, consider supporting PCCS through our Decorative Corn Sale – click for details!
Today marks mid-term for Trimester 1; let us know if you have any questions regarding current grades. Please keep in mind that the quickest way to resolve any concerns is to contact the specific teacher for a given class. That would be me (Ms. Turner) for ELA/SS or:
This week in our core subjects:
- ELA: students explored a new resource, NoRedInk and wrote a short story. They also continued literature circle meetings and grammar practice
- Social studies: students concluded artifact project presentations, and read an article about the mysterious Nacirema culture 😉 we also started learning vocabulary words for our Stone Age unit
- Science: continued current unit and made salt dough fossils (the teachers would love to see pictures of how they turned out at home!)
- Wed Oct 7: Curriculum pick-up 3-4pm (please return nature bag)
- Th Oct 8: Early Release, 1pm dismissal
- Fri Oct 9: No School, Teacher Inservice Day
- Mon Oct 12: No School
Have a happy weekend!
-Ms. Turner & the Sixth Grade Team