August 21, 2016
It has been a fun and exciting week for Kindergarten. The children have become familiar with the routines of the class and have learned the names of their new friends.
Thank you for your patience at carpool and soon it will move more quickly as we recognize the cars and their drivers. Please continue to hang your carpool numbers.
Here are some of the fun things that we are doing in class.
We have been doing a lot of activities to learn more about our new friends in class especially to learn all our names. We played name games, drew self- portraits and traced our names for our ABC chart and made our birthday graph. Look for our self -portraits in the hall outside our classroom.
We are beginning to explore the learning centers and learn the rules for each center. We have discussed our class rules. We have started learning letter sounds using Jolly Phonics. We have started learning finger exercises and handwriting with Handwriting Without Tears. We have started learning Math with manipulatives. We have been building up stamina to read to self for up to 15 minutes for Daily Five reading. We have been outside on nature walks on a walk to observe nature.
We have met all the specials teacher:
- PE, Mr. Josh Flynn, Wednesday and Thursday
- Art, Mr. Thomas, Thursday
- Music, Ms. Stanberry Tuesday
- Spanish, Mrs. Roman Mon and Wed
- Environmental Education, Ms. Naomi Hershiser, Friday
- PBIS. (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) Mrs. Gernady/Mrs. Meyer
- Handwriting, Mrs. Vanderbilt, Wednesday
- We do have peanut/tree nut allergies in the classroom so please tie a red ribbon around the handle of your child’s lunch bag.
- Students are missing some things on the PCCS Kindergarten Supply List . Please send in a change of clothing in a ziplock with the name on the bag. Also rain boots and rain coats & pants are essential for an outdoor school.
- August 30,2016 Green Challenge Assembly, 8:15 am in the gym, Parents are welcome.
- 9/5/2016 No School – Labor Day
- SAVE THE DATE Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Curriculum Night K-4 6:00pm -7:00 pm For parents only