Tonight, 5th grade students will be tasked with completing their “Wanted” poster for word study; most completed their rough draft today, in class. Here is an example of what the final copy should look like. They will be presenting their word and poster to classmates tomorrow. *Bonus points* if they come up with a catchy tip or trick for remembering their specific word.
This is a break down of the assignment:
- Determine the meaning of an academic-specific vocabulary word
- Develop an expert understanding of his/her word
- Create a “Wanted” poster to convey understanding of his/her word
- Present “Wanted” poster to peers, teaching about his/her word
- Take notes on peers’ presentations, to be used in a cumulative vocabulary assessment
|Knowledge of word
|Conveys expert knowledge of word||Conveys adequate knowledge of word||Conveys general knowledge of word||Unable to convey any knowledge of word|
|“Wanted” Poster||Completed, colored, and can be read clearly||Completed, but not colored or not read clearly||Completed, but appears rushed or sloppy||Incomplete|
|Presentation||Included all of the following: appropriate volume, eye contact, and pace||Included 2 of the following: appropriate volume, eye contact, and pace||Included 1 of the following: appropriate volume, eye contact, and pace||Did not present|
Total: ______/ 20__
Please email Ms. Turner if you have any questions, at email@example.com.