September is upon us! Which means:
- It is time to start thinking about our first Green Challenge of the year. September’s theme is recycling! Our classroom recycling chief will be creating a team to audit the recycling bins in both our classroom and the Carson building hallways. The class will analyze patterns and needs, then brainstorm strategies for improving our recycling program at PCCS.
- We will be working in our classroom garden. Students will be assessing our garden next week, and giving it a grade. From there, we will discuss options for the garden, which could include an overhaul of the space into a campus improvement project. We will keep you posted!
- NWEA testing is next week. Students will take the math portion with their math teacher. The ELA exam time has been changed to 10:30 am on Wednesday, due to early release.
- The year’s first Farm to Table is around the corner, September 23rd. This is a deliciously unique part of attending PCCS. For $6, your student can have access to a lunch prepared by a professional chef and our super crew of parent volunteers, using produce from the gardens on campus. Parents are welcome to join in on the fun, for an additional $6 each. The 5/6 gradeband will eat at 12:30 and have recess at 1:00 pm on this day. Look for the sign-up form (coming soon if not already sent out.)
- Our room parent has been named! To reach her, please click the hyper-link to the right of my webpage, “Room Parent”. She will be sending an update soon, of classroom needs and basic volunteer opportunities.