This four-day week was filled with lots of learning for students! In social studies students took notes on factors that shape culture, in preparation for their unit project (which will be officially introduced late next week). They also had a chance to work with Ms. Naomi in EE to build on our intro to systems last week.
In ELA we focused on grammar review of capitalization using the website Quill.org. Students were also put into their literature circle groups for the novels that will be coming home *today* during curriculum pick-up from 3-4pm.
Please note that this Thursday (9/17), Mrs. Wright and I will be hosting parents at this year’s remote Curriculum Night (from 6-7pm). For anyone who is unable to join us, the event will be recorded and the presentation will be shared with families the following day. If you are interested in sending questions for the Q&A portion, click here.
- Today 3-4pm, Curriculum pick-up/drop-off day
- Please return the nature bag used last time
- Wednesday 9/16, Early Release (1pm dismissal)
- Thursday 9/17, Natural Leader Assembly (8am, remote); Carson Building *Remote* Curriculum Night 6-7pm
- NWEA testing in Math & Reading- anticipated the week of September 21st
Enjoy your weekend!
-Ms. Turner & the Sixth Grade Team