A few announcements for everyone this week:
- first, students welcomed Miss Ty this week. Please begin to include her on any communications to teachers (email@example.com). She will be with us through the first week in December
- second, we are lucky to have Mrs. Meyer and/or Mrs. Gernady joining us a few times a month on Zoom! Next Thursday, they will be visiting homerooms to discuss managing emotions and calming strategies.
- third, “did you know…” that I have a class pet turtle?! Hershey is an Asian box turtle who has been at Prairie Crossing longer than I have! She has been on vacation the past few months and is ready to start traveling again: if your family is interested in taking care of Hershey please read her care document and respond to this email to share your interest. I am looking for a family who would be interested in taking care of her for at least a month (starting October 21st).
This week in our core subjects:
- ELA: students started their specific study of characterization techniques, and completed a Quick Write activity about a *dream team* of their own choosing
- Social studies: students worked in their digital interactive notebooks on unit terminology, and read an overview for our new unit while practicing note-taking skills
- Science: On Tuesday, we took a virtual field trip with the Lake County Forest Preserve.
- Math: Math A started working on percentages and their relationship to ratios. Math B started a new module. The topic is Arithmetic Operations involving fractions.
- Monday 10/12: No School
- Friday 10/23: Next Curriculum Pick-up day
Have a fabulous 4-day weekend!
-Ms. Turner & the Sixth Grade Team