Our camping trip is next week! Here are a few reminders:
- If you filled out medical authorization forms for medication, please send that medication in on Friday (tomorrow) morning or Monday morning. We need time to cross-check medicine and forms, so we ask to have the medicine before the morning that we are leaving. I was told we will not be accepting medicine on the day of the trip.
- If your child has any food restrictions (vegetarian, allergies, no pork, etc.) and you have not yet emailed me or Mrs. Hershiser already, please email us as soon as possible. We will be grocery shopping for the trip on Monday and we need to know about all dietary needs before that time!
As you are packing…
- Students will need two packed lunches. Both lunches should be nut-free and can be either trash-free or throwaway. Keep in mind that lunches will not be refrigerated. Some items that I like to pack for non-refrigerated lunches are salami sandwiches, sun-butter and jelly sandwiches, fresh or dried fruit, etc.
- Students will need to have their Day 2 (Wednesday) nut-free lunches separate from their other items; we will put them into bins.
- Students will need to have a day bag that they bring on the bus. It should contain their day 1 nut-free lunch, a water bottle (full), rain gear in case it’s raining when we arrive, nature journal and writing utensils, and (optional) book, cards etc. to play on the bus.
- Please check bags for forgotten boy scout knives; knives of any sort are not allowed.
- See the attached packing list for more information on what to bring!
- Expect an email update from PCCS each day of the trip. On Thursday, the email update will also include our estimated time of arrival back at school.
- If there is any inclement weather, PCCS will send more frequent updates until the weather situation is resolved.
- Once we are back at school on Thursday and all of the camping equipment is put away, parents will be able to sign-out their children. You can also send your child home via regular carpool.
- For safety reasons, please do not post pictures or any information about our location on social media while we are still on the trip.
- In the event of an emergency at home, the PCCS trip phone # is 847-204-8077. We do not know how good the reception will be or how long the battery will last, but we will make every effort to monitor this phone.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!